Friday, August 7, 2009

The Man on the Moon


Today is a monumental day in my life...I am meeting my biological father after 30 years of curiosity. The last time he saw me in person was the day I was born, so it's a pretty big deal for both of us.

At first, I was a basket of nerves; not knowing how him or I will react to each other, unsure if I will measure up to his expectations and vice versa.

As the time for us to meet closes in, the veil of uncertainty also disperses. All doubt is flooding from my pores, and I just feel weightless, almost as if I could float into the universe and never return. This is the most sureal experience I have had up to this point in my life, and I'm holding onto it with dear life. I don't want it to slip away...

Today is a monumental day in my life...today I am meeting The Man on the Moon...

No comments: